Saturday, June 5, 2010

Trust Me: I'm An Expert

Rafaella Mastroantonio writes:

Is there a way to stop the underneath boob area from sweating, or should i just line my bra with tissue? It's hot and I am drippy.

No, seriously: I'm an expert. I have breasts, and I lived in Phoenix, and I sweat. A lot.

My solution has always been baby powder. When you get out of the shower, powder the undersides of your breasts. It won't exactly stop the sweating - if you're very active or outside for a long period of time, you'll still sweat some - but it will prevent odor and the baby powder will absorb most of the sweat, saving your bra from sweat damage.

You can also try applying a regular antiperspirant/deodorant under your breasts, but I've found most commercial ap/d to cause pimples or rashes on the chest.

I also try to wear only breathable natural fabrics in warm weather, preferably cotton or mostly-cotton items. Wearing a black tank under a white shirt will also help, as long as both layers are thin, because the black of the tank top will absorb heat from your body, while the white shirt on top will reflect heat coming at you from the environment. Loose clothing is preferable to tight, and in that vein, make sure your bra fits. If you're small enough, you may be able to find all-cotton or moisture-wicking bras, and that will help the problem, as well.

You can also try Cleavage Coolers, little tubes you stick in the freezer to cool, and then stick down your bra to cool you. I can't vouch for effectiveness, but sticking ice on your tits can't make you hotter. Temperature-wise, that is.

1 comment: