Monday, June 21, 2010

Why Are You Waving That Red Flag In My Face?

Zendria writes:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 years and have talked in depth about getting married and we already live together for almost 2 years. I forgave him for several indiscretions that took place before we moved in, and so far he has been very apologetic for hurting me that way. Recently he's made mention that once he gets married he knows for sure he can promise to be faithful but says that he knows that he's still single until he's wearing that wedding ring. I think he's trying to hint that he wants to push up a wedding date, and get engaged, but I haven't said anything because I don't want to ruin the surprise. I would like to plan a romantic night to let him know I am ready for him to propose, and I even have a date planned out for our wedding date! Any ideas on how to make the night a special one?? I want to let him know I am ready and he doesn't have to be scared of the changes, because I know it's tough for him to have all of this single temptation. Thanks!!

Do not propose to this man. Did you get that? DO NOT PROPOSE. He cheated on you before you moved in together, he's hinting that he wants to cheat now, and your answer for this is to push up the wedding date?! NO. DTMFA, Zendria: Dump The MotherFucker Already.

This guy has no respect for you, for your relationship, or for fidelity in general. A wedding ring and some vows aren't going to change that, and I can guarantee you he'll cheat when you're his wife. You need to leave, leave now, and don't look back.

I know it's hard, but do you want to live with a cheater for the rest of your life? He's telling you that he won't stop philandering: Listen to him.

Good luck.

2 comments:

  1. He said he wants to get married, he even told me how much he wants to be married to ME! he tells me this all the time, and now I want to figure out how to let him know that it's time to get engaged and that I'll say yes? Sometimes men fear rejection, and I don't want to push him too hard and then he gets upset about the surprise being ruined. He gets along with my family and his parents like us together, so it makes sense anyway. ~Zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zen, he wants to be married to you because you turn a blind eye to his cheating, and you believe him when he says even though he doesn't want to stop now, he will someday.

    You really want to be saddled with this jerk for the rest of your life?

    It does not make sense to get married to a cheater just because the in-laws get along. Do your parents even know about his "indiscretions"? If not, they're really in no position to be forming an opinion. I'm seconding Kate here and telling you to run fast and run far.

    ReplyDelete