Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nope, Not Normal.

MLP asks:

I have a serious crush on a celebrity.  It's bad.  I find myself day dreaming about what it would be like if we were friends or what would happen if I ran into him one day in an airport or on the street.  I read everything I can about him and have even found his address online and thought about flying to LA to find it (not to break in or anything, just to maybe see him getting into his car).  I've sent him a few e-mail messages to what I think is his personal e-mail account, but I never got a reply.  I'm thinking of writing him a letter to send through a fan club and sending him a gift of some sort.  What can I say that will make him take notice?  Or should I just come back to earth and remember that I am just a little nobody in a town he has never heard of?

P.S. I am cuter than that piece of trash he has been dating.


Regardless of how cute you are, this level of interest in a person you've never met is not okay. Celebrities are not the people they play on TV or in the movies. They often aren't even the people they act like when the media is around. You sound like you are seriously confusing fantasy and reality.

It's time to refocus your energy on people you actually know. If you're not capable of maintaining actual relationships because of this crush, then you need professional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment