Monday, July 12, 2010

It's a "Not Wanting to Drive Home in Sweaty Clothes" Thing

Stacy asks:

My husband loves going to the locker room at our gym and I find it disturbing.  I hate using the locker room and avoid it at all costs.  He sometimes goes straight to the gym after work and needs to use it to change, but sometimes (like if he comes home to pick me up before we go together) he has plenty of opportunity to change clothes at home but doesn't.  I'm afraid it means that he is attracted to men although I have no evidence of this and our sexual relationship is thriving.  I've tried casually asking things like "what are you doing in there for so long?" and "is this just a man thing?" and he blows me off or gets annoyed.  I'm scared to just come out and ask the big question. Any advice?


I think you're overreacting. If your husband was interested in men, I he would seek better places to go look at them. If he starts "working late" or you start noticing charges from the local male strip club on your credit card statements, you have my permission to worry.


Some people just like to be able to change back into their street clothes when they finish working out. If he changes at home before he goes to the gym, that just means he can't change after his workout, which he may find uncomfortable. Let this be an issue where you agree to disagree.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    And HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete