Thursday, July 1, 2010

Those Are Not Mutually Exclusive

Fuzzy asks:

I'm a dude and had long hair for years (about 8) and about 2-3 years ago cut my hair short again.  I mostly part it on the side but for the second time I've buzz cut it.  The first time I did it wasn't much of a big deal when it grew back out.  This time, however, as it's growing back out it's resisting combing and just looking fuzzy and weird.  I don't like using product as I'm a straight male and don't have a mullet.  Is there any way I can get my hair to better behave without having to resort to some kind of product?  And if not, what's the best way to tell people that my hair is weird and won't do what I want it to?


Plenty of straight men use hair product. I don't know where you got the idea that only gay men take care of their hair, but I can't believe you'd rather walk around with a fuzzy head and have to explain your hair problems to everyone you meet than risk possibly seeming gay to people who are as narrow-minded as you are. Perhaps you should seek help for your homophobia.

That aside, all hair goes through that awkward stage when it's growing out. Give it a few more weeks and it should go back to normal. In the mean time, you could at least try a conditioner when you shower. Otherwise, there's not a lot you can do.

If you have a change of heart about the product, there are plenty of waxes and serums that have a flexible hold and aren't goopy or greasy. No one would even know you're using anything. I've always had good luck with Bed Head products, but your barber or hair stylist can probably suggest something specific for your hair type.

No comments:

Post a Comment