Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday Quickies!

Jannie writes:


My coworker recently got a tattoo, right behind her ear. It's cute, there's no policy against it. When I noticed it because she was wearing her hair up, I told her it was such a cute tattoo, and she immediately covered it with her hand and took her hair down. Neither of us said anything after that. we worked together for about a year, so I was not sure why she reacted so weird. Did I do something wrong by saying anything?


I can't think of anything you did wrong. Complimenting someone is almost always a good idea, and unless you were backhanded with your praise ("That tattoo's so cute: it draws attention away from your freaky Spock ears!"), you were fine. 


Though if you find out why your coworker is so weird, please, give us the scoop. I'm dying of curiosity now!


#            #            #

Susie asks:

Why do we say "a pair of panties" when there is only one article of clothing to which we are referring?

For the same reason we say "a pair of pants" - we have two legs, the garment has two leg holes, and we naturally turn these things into plurals. 

More specifically, because it's a derivation of a word (pants) that has no singular form, also called a plurale tantum

#            #            #

Ashamed And In Love writes:

My husband is very open to experimentation in the bedroom and for that I am happy because he loves fooling around. Lately he's asked if I would dominate him because he's curious, and if I wanted to use a strapon to teach him a lesson. I am not comfortable with this, and it makes me wonder if he has gay tenancies since he wants me to use a device to simulate gay sex acts on him. Please help.

If he owns rental properties and gay people pay him to live there, then yes. He has "gay tenancies".

If you're asking if your husband is gay because he wants to experiment? I refer you to my archives.

5 comments:

  1. You need an "is he gay" tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I want to give in to the crazy like that, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I know you're gay? You like Cold Play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a "HE'S NOT GAY" tag would be more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand. If a man likes to have penises stuck up his butt, it might mean he likes to have a penis in the butt, which is a HUGE RED FLAG of the "HE MIGHT BE GAY" type. Maybe this is his way of staying in the closet, but not having to keep his ass in the closet, ya know???

    ReplyDelete